Five Great Pencil Sharpeners
By: Jeff McRitchie
A good pencil sharpener is a must-have item for anyone who regularity uses this type of writing instrument. There are a lot to choose from, so deciding on one can be a bit of a challenge. That is why you should check out these great sharpeners from such top manufacturers as Dahle and Swingline. They are great for use at school, home, and work, and they're all well-made so you can be confident you purchased the right one. Let's take a look at these products....
1. Dahle Chubby. This is a great sharpener for creative types and younger students. The Chubby is a canister sharpener that has a colorful lid. In fact, three colors are available: red, yellow, and blue. These products are ergonomically friendly and are easy to empty and clean. The blade is made from high-quality German steel and can be replaced if it becomes dull. This product will add a bit of color to any office.
2. Dahle Metal Wedge. These handheld devices are small enough to fit in your pocket, but they still do a great job. There are two types available: the first product has a single hole that can accommodate standard pencils while the second has two holes, including one that's perfect for oversized writing utensils. As with the Chubby, the blades in these sharpeners are replaceable and honed from first-rate German steel.
3. Dahle Professional Rotary. This product is one of Dahle's best. It has an automatic cutting system that allows you to choose how sharp your pencil will be. When your pencil reaches your desired sharpness, it will spin freely in the device until you remove it, thus it won't be over-sharpened.. You can sharpen standard, oversized, and colored pencils with this device and you can remove the Solingen steel blades if you need to replace or clean them. This sharpener comes with mounting hardware but you can use it wherever you want.
4. Swingline Compact Electric. This Swingline model is handheld and provides electric sharpening wherever you go. It works quickly and quietly, and can be powered either by batteries or an AC adapter. (The adapter is included.) Each unit has a lead saver feature that ensures your pencil will be sharpened just enough. The blades are fashioned from carbon steel. These sharpeners easy to empty and they are covered by a limited two-year warranty.
5. Swingline Optima Electric. If you want one of the best electric pencil sharpeners available, the Swingline Optima is what you need. This product is capable of sharpening six different kinds of pencils, including rectangular ones, and like the Swingline Compact, it operates very quietly. This unit is protected from overheating thanks to a thermal cut-off and it won't over-sharpen your writing utensils because it has the same lead saver feature as the Compact. Finally, it's backed by a fantastic limited lifetime warranty.
To get your writing implements ready to use, pick up one of these great products today so you can start sharpening. You'll be glad you did!
About the author:
If you're like to purchase a Great Pencil Sharpener , you should visit MyBinding.com. They have a great selection of these products and they also have a terrific assortment of High-Quality Staplers . Plus, you can get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. Check it out for yourself today!
Best Pencils Sharpeners (crank handle) Derwent, Swordfish, M+R charcoal, colored pencil, graphite
For other articles and videos on this topic, please follow the links below:
Color pencils can give you a great deal of control, which makes it possible to add texture to your drawings. In this article, Murtaza talks a bit about his technique.
Works on paper are particularly delicate. Moisture can be a terrible enemy. Knowing how to preserve your art is critical.
Though there are many brands of color pencils, Prismacolor is certainly one of the main brands that comes to mind. The sets are not cheap, but the quality is amazing.
Just as we know that graphite doesn't have the rich blacks of charcoal, we may thing that color pencils cannot achieve the richness of pigmented paint, but layering color pencil can produce depth of tone and vibrancy of color in a drawing or painting.
Prismacolors come in different product lines. The following lines are discussed in this article: Art Stix, Premier, Lightfast, and Scholar pencils. See which product line best suits your needs.
Here are some basic tips about starting to draw using color pencils. It should be a natural progression if you keep in mind the importance of layering.
Just like with oil painting, there are several techniques that you can use with colored pencils to help you achieve vibrant results.
Ruth Mitchell writes for BuyOutsideTheBox.com and in this article she gives us a brief resume of colored pencil artist Priscilla Humay.
I have three different types of electric pencil sharpeners and no telling how many manual ones. Jeff McRitchie gives us his recommendations.
Watercolor pencils are relatively new, but they are making a big splash in the watercolor world. Brenne Meirowitz tells us about the Prismacolor line of watercolor pencils.